Monday, 19 November 2012
Mum Working School Runs or Logistics and Operations Manager
There’s got to be more than the daily grind
This hamster wheel is blowing my mind
Reflection says human, I feel like a rat
Testing my nerve with this and with that.
Sleep, wake up, have a bath and get dressed
Organising the household is the real test
Rice Krispies or Cornflakes we’re in a rush
Your hair is a mess now get me the brush
Where is your school bag?
And your other shoe?
And how many times?
Close the seat on the loo
Ride bike to school? No its too far
Hurry up, get your things and jump in the car
Right say a prayer and let us be gone
Oops, hold up! Did I leave the iron on
A kiss for my trooper, have a nice day
That bit’s all sorted now I’m on my way
Searching for parking, a rush to the train
That’s all I need now, delayed again.
Into the office, second part of day’s work
Coat is still on and phones go beserk
Client is angry, boss holds his head
Looking around I’d be better off in bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment